June 20, 2011

One Week to Go! And Happy Father's Day!!!

¡Hola!
 
So it's been another great week here at the MTC! I´ve learned so much this week...we're definitely blessed here to be able to learn. I love it. That doesn´t mean I´m not excited to leave, though! Some elders in my district have started getting their travel plans. Hopefully my visa will get here before the 28th. If not I´ll be reassigned somewhere. Either way is great with me! I can´t wait to be talking to "real" people again!
 
Aunt D, Uncle Craig, Mom, and everyone else who pitched into the package...thank you SO much! I got it yesterday...so awesome! The ties are great; the envy of 6M floor 3. You are all great!! I love you!
 
So yesterday I got to be a host elder for the new elders coming in. It was tons of fun. I hosted 2 elders (we "only" got about 400 yesterday...next week is 600!), one from Virginia and one from North Ogden. Mom or Robert, do either of you know a Drew Hill? He and his sister are both here right now. That's so cool! We helped another car with a brother and a sister who were both coming in on the same day!
 
On Monday we made a district goal to speak only Spanish for the rest of our time here in the MTC. Of course that isn't always possible, we have been speaking a ton. It is crazy how well we can all speak. We're still a long way from fluent, but we're doing great. I'm sure we'll keep growing by leaps and bounds until we leave...and then even more once we're completely immersed!
 
Our devotional this week was with Sister Wixom who is the Primary General President. I think it was my favorite devotional so far, bar-none. She gave an awesome talk about coming to know our Savior better and how we can build a better relationship with him during our missions and throughout our lives. We sang a bunch of Primary songs, which was funny in a room of 2,000 19-22 year-olds, but it was also a lot of fun. I love being able to hear from such amazing speakers and learn from such great examples here in the MTC.
 
Happy Father's Day, Dad!! Thanks for being such an awesome Dad. I hope you have a great day on Sunday! I am sending a package today...it probably won't make it there until Monday or Tuesday, sorry about that!
 
Well, I think that's about it. Thank you for all of your support! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be here. The Gospel is such an incredible blessing for us. I am so grateful that I live at this time and am able to have the knowledge of the Gospel to bless my life. This week I've thought a lot about the importance of the Temple. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to go to the temple while I'm here in the MTC. The blessings of the temple are incredible.  I know that we are blessed more than we can imagine when we live the Gospel and that the Lord's hand is always working in our lives - even when we don't notice it.  I'm so glad I have this opportunity to share the joy of the Gospel with the world!
 
Love,
Elder Mockler

No comments:

Post a Comment