June 23, 2011

It's official...I'm going to Spain!!!!!

Hola!
 
Well, first things first...I have my visa!!! I go to meet with the Spain consolate on Monday to finish everything up. I'll go to the Madrid MTC for a week for a few meetings and to go to the temple there a few times. I'm so excited!!! I'll leave Tuesday morning. Mom and Dad: I can call you from the airport but I haven't recieved travel plans so I'm not completely sure when....sorry! I think it'll be from Atlanta, though, sometime between 2 and 6 eastern time. But maybe just try to make sure you're ready to answer any calls from payphones :). If I get my plans and find a way to email you I'll make sure to give you more info.
 
This week is an exciting week here at the MTC...it is the new mission presidents seminar, so all of the Quorum of the 12 and the 1st presidency are here. I ran into Elder Holland today while I was going to the travel office. My brain just about melted out of my ears. So awesome. We have a "special" devotional tomorrow and we're all hoping President Monson will speak. We also have combined sacrament meetings this sunday, which I think means some General Authorities will be in all of them. So awesome! I'm so glad I'm here for this!
 
Congrats to Owen and Jess! Glad to hear your building a house! Well....paying someone to build a house. But still...way exciting! Make sure you tell your kids I say hi when you start having 'em, ok?
 
Well, I didn't have a lot of time left over this week with all the visa stuff going on. I hope all is well! I love you all! As always, I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve. I just want to share something that stood out to me in my studies this week. 1 Nephi 18:21 says:
 
"And it came to pass that I aprayed unto the Lord; and after I had prayed the winds did cease, and the storm did cease, and there was a great calm."
 
That is such a great principle for us to learn. We all have storms and winds in our lives, but if we will pray, come unto Christ, and focus on serving others, we can find a great calm. And even though sometimes the winds and the storms won't cease around us, we can find rest and protection through the Lord.
 
I hope everyone had a great week!!!!
 
Love,
Elder Mockler
 
P.S. Dad, I didn't send your package until Monday and it didn't get sent out until Tuesday I don't think. Sorry! It should be there soon, though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment