April 16, 2012

Its a Boy!!!



Hola!

Well, this week is a big week! Another transfer is over which means Elder Wells goes home on Wednesday morning. It is crazy, we have just been packing up his bags for the last time and getting everything cleaned up. But, despite Elder Wells' impending death, there is good news. I'm training! Yep, that's right, I'll have un hijo soon! And I'll be a dad! I go today to pick him up and we'll come back tomorrow afternoon. I'm super excited to have a brand new missionary! I don't know who he is or anything about him yet so that will have to wait until next week.

Besides that the biggest news this week was definitely the Día de Diamante. We dedicated all of Friday to finding - no lessons or anything, just contacting and knocking doors. It was great! Surprisingly enough, I think it was probably the fastest and funnest day of my mission so far. You may have already seen on the mission blog, but at the end of the day we got 1400 future investigators. We also taught a good number of lessons (from people just letting missionaries in from the doorstep) and commited a few people to baptism. Woohoo! Things went well here in our area and we're excited to start contacting to people we have found.

Well, another short email this week, we have to go to Sevilla soon to catch my train to Fuengirola. The church is true and brings eternal light and knowledge into our lives...I'm so thankful for that!! Have an awesome week! I know I will...there is never a bad week in the service of the Lord! I love you all so much!

Elder Mockler

PS I attached a few photos. One of the countryside yesterday from the car window, another of Elder Taylor and I in the Plaza de España, and another of me in a Roman Ampitheatre. Love you!






District Meeting (photo from the Spain Malaga Mission blog)


No comments:

Post a Comment