February 27, 2012

10 months....AHHH!


¡Buenos Días!

Well this week went WAY too fast! I think I could say that about most weeks on the mission, though. Today is my 10 month mark...I can't believe that 1 year is right around the corner already.I'll just try not to think about it haha

On Tuesday I did splits with the Utrera Elders. I always love doing splits because you get to meet all new people and see new areas. And this one was particularly good because they have a DRYER in their piso! I took all my socks and my towel so I could put them in the dryer after I washed them, haha. They also live near an American base and they got us ROOT BEER! Yes, that's right - real life A&W Root Beer. AND when we visited some members they gave us Root Beer FLOATS! It was almost too much to handle...Root Beer twice in one week. It was a truly incredible experience hahaha

Elder Wells and I had quite the elevator adventure this week. I'm not sure if I have ever talked about Spanish elevators before, but I would like to say a few words about them today. They're awful. This is just one example: On Thursday we were in an apartment building in a pueblo called 'Nueva Sevilla' and we were coming down from the 11th floor to the 5th floor. And then it passed the 5th floor so we tried hitting the 4 button to stop it at the 4th floor. It didn't stop then either. So we figured we would just go all the way down and then go back up. That is, until it stopped itself between the 2nd and 3rd floor. The elevator doors opened but the door to the outside was locked and we couldn't open it. Luckily some people saw us and went to get the emergency key. We found our way out after a little while and climbed down onto the 2nd floor. We weren't in there too long, luckily, but it was long enough! But, as much as I may gripe about the elevators, it still beats walking up 11 stories of stairs. I guess the moral of the story is to count your blessings, haha.

This week I started reading the Book of Mormon again from the beginning, but in Spanish this time. It has been great so far, as it always is. It is amazing to me that the scriptures can teach us so profoundly everytime we read them no matter how many times we have pondered them or in what language it is in. The Spirit of the Lord touches us when we study the Gospel and can always teach us the way to Eternal Happiness. I'm so grateful for that!!

I love you!!!!!

Elder Mockler

No comments:

Post a Comment