March 12, 2012

Summer is coming!


¡que paha familia!

Pueee gi. It has been a good week. It is starting to get pretty hot here already. Elder Wells only has 5 weeks left and all of them are going to go by way too fast for sure. We've been really busy and the work is going really well here. One of our investigators, Sonya, is on track for baptism on the 24th and we're hoping to confirm everything this week. That'll be awesome!

So I have some bad news. This week we got robbed! Well, ok, not really. The other day we printed out a bunch of materials for English class and as we walked out an old drunk guy stopped us to talk. We started talking to him and as we were about to leave we stole the papers straight out of my hands and wouldn't give them back. After a few minutes of trying to deal with him being completely insane we just went to a different locutorio to print out the pages. It was frustrating but after the fact it is pretty funny.

So being a missionary is cool...just now a guy walked in from Camaroon and started talking to us. His name is Rick. He met missionaries about 10 years ago. He is a cool guy...hopefully we'll be able to see him this week. Meeting new people is so much fun!! He is extremely faithful and knows the Bible really well. He owns an American toy company and is an American resident! Crazy! haha I'll tell more next week!

I have been thinking a lot about Matthew 10:39 this week:

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

I just want to say that I know that is true! If we lose ourselves in serving others we find that we are really so much more. We just have to let go of our selfishness and we can start to grow. I'm so greatful that I know that!

I hope you all have a great week! I Love you!!!!!!!!!

Elder Mockler

No comments:

Post a Comment