February 6, 2012

Week 2 in Aljarafe


¡Hola!

So I've been wondering this week...do you guys have a hard time saying the names of my areas? There is a couple here that always says them with really American accents and I wonder if it is hard for y'all. I know I wouldn't have been able to say any of these places before the mission....I actually am still confused every once in a while. And, on the same theme, Aljarafe is said All-huh-rah-fay. If you can get a phlegmy sound on the huh it makes you more Spanish.

Time for the weekly food update! The other day we ate PIE with the Montoyas - a family here. Real apple pie! They lived in Utah for a few years while Hno. Montoya studied at BYU so they love the USA. Hooray! This morning I also made some chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes (thanks to Aunt D for the mix!!) and they were incredible. And we have gotten a LOT of fresh oranges from members so we have eaten plenty of great fruit as well.

Well we had a good week here! We only got lost like 2 times which was a huge improvement from last week. We have been doing a lot of finding (knocking doors, etc.) which is always interesting and fun. We don't have a ton of investigators right now but we have been finding new ones and slowly the area is growing.  It is weird because unlike Huércal we can't really walk to any part of our area - we have to drive to everything - so that can be kind of inconvenient sometimes.

Well, that is about it! We are going to go bowling as a district and then eat at IKEA for lunch so it should be a good PDay. Tomorrow I am headed to Fuengirola for a few days to stay at the mission home so it will be an exciting week of travel. I'm so grateful to be here as a missionary! It is amazing how much we learn about the Gospel by teaching it. Yesterday we had a regional stake conference and President Uchtdorf spoke. It was an awesome talk and he focused a lot on living the commandments. I have said it a lot but I know it is true: living the commandments is the best path to the best happiness. Sometimes it is hard to see but if we have faith in that promise and try it we will always see the benefits.

I love you!!!!

Elder Mockler

No comments:

Post a Comment