August 22, 2011

To Cadiz!

Hola!

Well, it has been a pretty busy week! On Tuesday Elder Lignell chipped his tooth, so we got to go to the dentist the next day. Unfortunately we don't have any cool stories about the dentist...it is about the same here. The only difference is that the office is upstairs in a regular apartment building and that turning on the AC for a customer is really good customer service. I sure did love that AC! On Thursday we went to Cadiz to do my residency. Unfortunately we spent 4 hours on the bus to do 1 finger print and drop off some papers. The city of Cadiz is REALLY beautiful, though, so that made it a little more worth it. I'm glad I got to go visit. The beach there is huge...I can't wait to come back someday and be able to enjoy it! 

On Friday we had a really cool experience with a less active member named Silvio. He met us a few weeks ago in front of the chapel and was pretty drunk. When he saw us he stopped to talk to us, said he had never been able to find the church here in Algeciras, and that he knew he needed to change. He is a really great guy. When we stopped by his house the other day he brought out the Book of Mormon the missionaries gave to him for his baptism. He had their phone numbers but couldn't figure out how to call them, so we helped him and got a hold of the family and got their new information. It was awesome to be able to reunite him with the missionaries that meant so much to him. We're excited for the opportunity to help him come back to the church and enjoy the blessings he once had in his life.

This week I finished reading Jesus the Christ. It was great to be able to focus on the life of Christ so much and try to better understand what his sacrifice means for us. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Atonement, no matter how limited it may be. I know it is real. I know that it allows us to change, no matter how far "off the path" we have fallen. And although sometimes it is difficult for whatever reason - be it embarrassment, habit, laziness, or whatever else - it is always worth it to turn ourselves over to Him and let Him show us what our Heavenly Father has prepared for us. His yoke is easy and His burden is light - I know that is true. 

Thanks to everyone for all your support! I love you all!!!
Elder Mockler

No comments:

Post a Comment