August 8, 2011

¡La Playa!

¡Hola!

It has been an eventful - and ridiculously hot - week here in Algeciras. I've never heard so many people say the same thing over and over again: "Uh, que calor hace hoy" and all it's variations. It honestly is just unbearably hot here right now. I can't wait for winter. But like Boyd K. Packer says, for a missionary all weather is good weather; It won't stop us!

We had a baptism on Saturday morning!! Jimmy, who has been investigating the church for years, finally decided to be baptized. He had his interview on Thursday and decided he wanted to be baptized Saturday and wanted to do it in the morning. So, we decided to do it in the Sea! It was honestly the most beautiful morning of my life - we got there as the sun was rising over Gibraltar and there was no one there at the beach (thankfully). It was a really great experience - I'll definitely never forget it.

On Tuesday night we went to Alcala, which is a little pueblo outside of Sevilla. Since we live so far away from everyone we went there to spend the night. They have a huge house there for just 2 missionaries, so we took advantage of it and had a barbeque, just the 5 of us. They also had AC in a few rooms, so we got to sleep in the cold! It was awesome. Sevilla is a really pretty city - and they had grass! Well watered grass was a great sight to see. It just doesn't really exist in Algeciras.

I don't have any crazy food stories this week, except that we bought a blender and I don't think I've eaten anything solid in our piso all week. I love that thing. We just blend up all kinds of fruit - it is really great.

Transfers are this week, so Elder Lignell and I will be sending Elder White off to La Mancha on Wednesday to be Zone Leader there. Elder Lignell is the new District Leader, so we'll be traveling a lot to do splits and baptismal interviews. That should be a fun change - we'll have a ton of work to do! We're sad to see Elder White leave - the branch here loves him and he loves them too - but it is good to get a change now and then.

Well, that's about it. I just want to share my testimony with everyone who is reading that I know this church is the true church of Jesus Christ restored on the Earth in our time. I know that we have the authority to perform the necessary ordinances in the church. I know because I have experienced the power and change that comes through obedience to the commandments of God. All that he gives us in the church is for our benefit; we just have to trust in him and follow even though the world has turned away from the right path. I'm so thankful I have that knowledge. It has blessed me so much. Thank you for all your love and support.

I love you!!
Elder Mockler


The missionaries are well fed at zone conference.
President and Sister Clegg with the Elders and Sisters of the Sevilla and San Fernando Zones.



No comments:

Post a Comment