October 1, 2012

Never a dull moment in the mission...


Hello!!

Well, like I said last week, this week is transfer week. And, like we knew, Elder Rodriguez is leaving to Sevilla. But, the mission can never be so simple, and there were a few other changes as well. 3 more Elders are coming to Alcazar and we are splitting the area for a few weeks. I'll be with Elder Pallas (I don't know if I ever mentioned him, but he was in my district in Sevilla for a while and we did splits and drank root beer together once). And, in 3 weeks, I'm going to the mission office in Fuengirola to be the mission secretary. Ah! Elder Rodriguez has always said I have the hair of a mission secretary...whatever that means. But I guess he is right! Anyway, looks like I'm going to have a busy couple of months ahead of me. The Zone of La Mancha is getting changed so I will have a 3 week break from being zone leader, which will be nice...the calm before the storm! Haha.

On Friday morning we took our final road trip to Cáceres. It was raining almost the whole time which was a bit miserable, but it has hardly rained all summer so it was needed. We had good splits despite the moisture and came back on Saturday. On Sunday we had 5 investigators in church which is a lot here in Alcázar and we were super happy to have them all there. We are hoping that the 3 girls we are teaching will be ready to be baptized before I leave!

We're in Ciudad Real right now doing a district PDay and everyone else is wrapping up so I guess that means I should too. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He loves us! That is the most important thing we can ever know and the most important thing we can ever work for. I'm so grateful for him!

Love you!

Elder Mockler



No comments:

Post a Comment