May 28, 2012

Transfer time...


Hello!

I tried Gazpacho for the first time this week. Definitely not my favorite food but it isn't too bad either. It is huge in the summer here, so I might have to acquire a taste for it fast...

Well, another transfer has come and gone and last Thursday Elder Berrett and I unexpectedly got a call. We both thought I would be staying here 1 more transfer but it turns out I'm going up to La Mancha to be the Zone Leader there. I'm pretty sad to be leaving here but excited to go North and get a new start! I'll be living in Alcázar de San Juan. I'll send my new address next week. I had to teach Elder Berrett to drive a stick this week which was pretty exciting, haha. He definitely caught on a lot faster than I did!!

On Friday we had the most awesome ward activity ever! It was the ward's annual 'fiesta de las patatas' and we went out to our Bishop's farm to fry potatos and eggs and have a grand old time. We played soccer for a while with the ward and then just kinda hung out while we waited for the oil to heat up. We had a lot of investigators there and tons of members invited their friends. In all there were about 75 people there which was a huge success. We had to leave around 9:45 so we were the first to eat...the activity didn't end until 1 or 1:30 in the morning. That's Spain for ya...they like the party.

Well, that is about it for today! Spain is awesome! I'm so grateful to be here and for all tht the Lord is teaching me. I am growing so much and am excited for a whole year more of learning, growing and serving!! I hope you all have a great week!

Love you!!

Elder Mockler

No comments:

Post a Comment