February 17, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!


Hola!

So myldsmail wasn't really working yesterday so we're finishing our email up today since we have a bit of time. It might be a bit short, though! This week has been a lot slower (finally!!) which has been really nice. We've started being able to do a lot more work in our area and escape from the office more and more which has been great. Elder Berrett also practiced driving a lot and we're proud to say that after almost a year of being companions I have finally taught him to drive (the problem is the teacher, not the student. We never have time for him to practice!!).

I found out this week that Rafy went through the temple! If you don't remember, she is the lady who was baptized one of my first weeks in Algeciras. I don't know if I wrote about it but she actually stopped by the office with Mercedes a few weeks ago to say hi since they had to be here in Fuengirola for something. It is so awesome to see how much they have grown and even cooler to see them set on going to the temple and continuing in the gospel.

We got 2 new missionaries this week, which was a surprise for us considering we were only expecting 1. But, on Wednesday we got a call from a pay phone in Madrid from an Elder Rojas who was quite confused as to where he should go. At the time, Elder Berrett and I were in an appointment (in the coolest apartment ever, I might add - looking out the windows made it feel like we were on a boat...nothing but the sea!), so between us and the APs we got him on a train here. Luckily he is a smart guy and a good sport. He is from Mexico and loves it here already (as we all do) except for the lack of Mexican food - and he said that Taco Bell made him want to throw up haha. Anyway, only 2 short mornings of residency work and we'll just have 2 more this week. A nice change from 15!

This week I finished 2nd Nephi in my Book of Mormon reading. I love 2 Nephi 25:13:

"Behold, they will crucify him; and after he is laid in a sepulchre for the space of three days he shall rise from the dead, with healing in his wings; and all those who shall believe on his name shall be saved in the kingdom of God. Wherefore, my soul delighteth to prophesy concerning him, for I have seen his day, and my heart doth magnify his holy name."

I'm grateful to know that Jesus Christ rose on the 3rd day and because of that we will someday rise as well. I'm grateful that he heals us and for the opportunity to teach others of that great sacrifice.

Have an awesome week!

Elder Mockler

No comments:

Post a Comment