January 26, 2013

running.running.running.running...


Another crazy week!! How many times have I said that in my mission? And what % of those times has been in the office? haha. I feel like we've barely stopped running since last Saturday but that is ok! Lots to be done!

We've received our 15 visa waiters! And we found out we'll be getting 1 more this week from Peru! Elder Teixeira from the area presidency is also coming to tour our mission this week so it looks like it'll be another crazy one. But we've been blessed a lot to be able to take care of everything so far.

Since Spain got 50 new missionaries at once (yes, 50), they couldn't fit them all in the CCM in Madrid to do their residency there. So, they decided to do an experiment and see if they could do their residency here in Fuengirola. So, on top of receiving missionaries 3 days in a row, I had to go get them all empadronado and fingerprinted before they left with their trainers! It was insane but everything went as smoothly as we possibly could have hoped for. Lots of planning and lots of paperwork paid off and they are all legal and on their way to being happy missionaries out in their areas already! Finishing the first group without any problems was definitely in the top 10 most triumphant moments of my life, haha. In the meantime, Elder Berrett was working on getting 3 new missionary apartments in 3 different cities while keeping all the normal financial part of the mission running. Like I said, it has been crazy but it has been fun and rewarding!

Anyway, not much else to say but I decided to make a list of a few things we did this week that are pretty normal to me now, but I don't think used to be:

We ate ice cream out of an orange skin and out of a cocoa bean shell
We pulled 2,000€ out of the bank for apartments and residency
Made oatmeal with milk from a box
We ate chicken curry with an English man and a Belgian woman in a house overlooking the Mediterranean sea
We woke up freezing one night from not using the portable heater and sweating the next night from having the heater up too high. Oops.
Considered purchasing jamon from a shopping card filled with pig legs

But most importantly, we were missionaries this week! I love being here and I'm so grateful to be in the office! I loved this video that came out this week Like Peter, I know that Christ died for us and today lives again so that we may have eternal life.



I love you!!

Elder Mockler

On my list I forgot to add that we literally went running right next to the sea a few mornings this week. How is that for awesome? Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment