September 27, 2011

¡Huércal-Overa!

¡Hola familia!

Well, here I am in Huércal-Overa! It is a little desert town in basically the middle of nowhere. It took me 12 hours to get here from Algeciras...sitting on a bus for that long is not very fun. It was good to get to see a lot of Spanish cities on the way, though. We drove through Almuñecar which is absolutely beautiful. I get to do it again tomorrow to go to Cádiz and pick up my ID card that inconveniently enough wasn't ready until about 5 days after I got here. And then I come home on Wednesday. So I'll have a lot of time sitting on the bus this week. Should be interesting. 

So my new address is:

Elder Andy Mockler
C\ Silvestre Martinez de Haro 21, 2ºB
Huércal-Overa 04600 (Almeria)
España

The mail here works great so feel free to send me anything :). I think I'll probably be here until at least January.

Huércal is a really small pueblo. It is definitely a lot easier to get from investigator to investigator here - the longest walk from one side of the town to the other is probably 20 minutes max. And there are no hills, which is a nice break after Algeciras. We are teaching a lot and my companion - Elder Ferguson - is a great teacher. He has been out for almost a year and a half, so together we are just about "one whole missionary." We are pretty different but we make a really good combo. The branch here was opened the week I went into the MTC, so it is very young, but it is growing super fast. We have already outgrown the capilla they have here and after our next baptism we'll probably be petitioning a building. It is a great area to be in!

I hope all of you are doing well! The Lord knows us and his plan for us - he is always thinking and caring for us. It is up to us to pick his path and enjoy what he has prepared for us. The cliché is "everything in the Lord's time," but it is true - He knows the best for us, not just with an immediate perspective but rather with an eternal perspective. I'm grateful for that knowledge and the peace and comfort I have in my life knowing my purpose and the blessings I am and will receive.

¡Os quiero! ¡Que tengais una buena semana!

Elder Mockler

No comments:

Post a Comment